From 2018, Professionals interested in devloping their Asian business skills can enrol in a beginners Asian language for professional development at UWA. Korean classes run in the evenings and alternate Saturdays over 6 weeks and are aimed at professionals who require basic Korean language and cultural skills at work, and the focus of the course content is on professional settings.These units can be taken either as free-standing one-off courses without assessment, or if taken for credit with assessment, they will count toward a Postgraduate Certificate in Asian Studies.
Japanese (March – April, May – June)
Korean (March – April, May – June)
Chinese (August-September, October-November)
Indonesian (August-September, October-November
• Intensive 6 week courses (x2 for each language), focusing on professional language use and
• Evening & Saturday classes
• Suitable for absolute beginners
• Fees (professional development courses) - $2000
* In 2018 these courses may also provide credit towards the Graduate Diploma/ Master of Asian
Studies (from $2812)
Contact the Arts & Law Student Office for more information.
Tel: +61 8 6488 2091
Online enquiries: https://www.ask.uwa.edu.au